How do I prepare for a French interview?
Make sure you have an answer prepared for it (in French, bien sûr!).
B. Prepare your answer to some of the most common questions.
|Parlez-moi de vous.||Tell me about yourself.|
|Pourquoi voulez-vous quitter votre travail actuel ?||Why do you want to leave your current job?|
|Avez-vous des questions?||Do you have any questions?|
What do you say at the end of a French interview?
Ending Your French Job Interview on a Good Note
At the end of the interview, get up from your chair and shake your interviewer’s hand firmly (sound familiar?) while smiling and looking straight into their eyes. Afterwards, you should say a cool, calm and collected “Je vous remercie beaucoup” (I thank you very much).
How do you accept an interview in French?
There are many ways to accept, but here are the most common:
- Volontiers – with pleasure – we also use “avec plaisir” but it’s a bit less common.
- Oui, d’accord – yes, OK, I agree.
- Je veux bien. – OK, I’d love to, meaning YES, I accept.
How do you greet an interviewer in French?
During a French interview, you should greet your interviewer with a handshake and address them as Madame or Monsieur, unless otherwise instructed. Usually, for an interview, people will stick to the handshake as a greeting. Don’t be surprised if you get a double-cheek kiss, or bisous.
What are some French greetings?
Informal and Formal French Salutations
- Bonjour – Good morning / hello.
- Enchanté(e) – Nice to meet you.
- Bonsoir – Good evening / hello.
- Salut – Hi.
- Coucou – Hey.
- Ça fait longtemps, dis donc – Long time, no see.
- Âllo – Hello.
- Ça va? – How are you?
How do you introduce yourself in 5 lines in French?
So now you know how to introduce yourself in French.
- Bonjour, enchanté(e) de faire votre connaissance.
- Comment t’appelles-tu?
- Je m’appelle ______.
- Je viens de France.
- J’habite à Paris.
- J’apprends le français depuis un an.
- J’apprends le français sur (insert here).
- J’ai 27 ans.
How do you introduce yourself in French letter?
To answer this question, begin your sentence with je m’appelle… (I call myself…) and then say your name. You could also say je suis… (I am…) and then state your name.
How would you describe yourself in French?
To describe yourself, there are two important phrases: Je suis, meaning ‘I am,’ and J’ai, meaning ‘I have. ‘ To describe their height, men say ‘Je suis grand’ or ‘Je suis petit. ‘ Women use grande or petite.
How do you answer the tell us about yourself question?
How to answer “Tell me about yourself”
- Mention past experiences and proven successes as they relate to the position. …
- Consider how your current job relates to the job you’re applying for. …
- Focus on strengths and abilities that you can support with examples. …
- Highlight your personality to break the ice.
What are the questions and answers asked in interview?
Consider this list your interview question and answer study guide.
- Tell Me About Yourself.
- How Did You Hear About This Position?
- Why Do You Want to Work at This Company?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- What Can You Bring to the Company?
- What Are Your Greatest Strengths?
How do you make questions in French?
You ask a question in French by making your voice go up at the end of the sentence, by using est-ce que, by changing normal word order, or by using a question word. When you put the verb in front of the subject, you join the two words with a hyphen. A -t- is used in the il/elle form if the verb ends in a vowel.