What are some pretty French words?
These love words can help bring some romance to your love life.
- amour (noun) – love.
- amoureuse (noun) – girlfriend.
- amoureux (noun) – boyfriend.
- bisous (masculine noun) – kisses.
- des tourtereaux (plural noun) – lovebirds.
- embrasser (verb) – to kiss.
- fleur (feminine noun) – flower.
- chérie (feminine noun) – darling.
What are good French words?
Learn Some Common French Words
- Bonjour = Hello, Good morning.
- Au revoir = Goodbye.
- Oui = Yes.
- Non = No.
- Merci = Thank you.
- Merci beaucoup = Thank you very much.
- Fille = Girl.
- Garçon = Boy.
What is a cute French nickname?
Top 10: Most popular French terms of endearment
Mon chou: My cabbage, but chou can also be short for a French cream puff called chou chantilly or chou à la crème. Chouchou: Derived from chou. Mon ange: My angel. Mon bébé: My baby. Doudou: What kids call their favorite toy or blankie.
What is French word for unique?
More French words for unique. unique adjective. single, only, one, sole, nonesuch. exceptionnel adjective. exceptional, outstanding, unusual, amazing, rare.
What is the prettiest French word?
Here are the most beautiful French words
- Papillon – butterfly. …
- Parapluie – umbrella. …
- Paupiette – a piece of meat, beaten thin, and rolled with a stuffing of vegetables, fruits or sweetmeats. …
- Romanichel – gypsy. …
- Silhouette – silhouette. …
- Soirée – evening. …
- Tournesol – sunflower. …
- Vichyssoise – from vichy. Masculine, noun.
What is beautiful girl in French?
What a beautiful girl. Quelle jolie petite fille.
Is beauty a French word?
How to Say Beauty in French. If you want to say “beauty” in French, the word is literally “la beauté.” Trying to describe someone or something as beautiful? When describing a person or object, you would generally say “beau” for men (or masculine object) and “belle” for woman (or feminine object).
How do French call God?
God in French is dieu. It’s a masculine noun, the plural form is les dieux, x silent.
What is C est la vie?
It means ‘such is life’ or ‘that’s life’. When things don’t go according to plan, some people complain non-stop; while others accept the fact that disappointments are a part of life and get on with it. The expression ‘c’est la vie’ is mostly used to downplay your sense of disappointment.
What is a French girlfriend called?
petite amie. More French words for girlfriend. la petite amie noun.
What do French call their lover?
Mon amour. The most well-known French endearment term, meaning my love.
How do you say romantic words in French?
Let’s look at a bunch of different phrases for “I love you” in French.
- Je t’aime bien – I like you. …
- Je t’aime – I love you. …
- Je suis amoureux/amoureuse de toi – I am in love with you. …
- Je t’aime beaucoup – You mean a lot to me. …
- Je t’aime pour toujours – I love you forever.
Is Chic a French word?
1600: The word as we now know it is said to come from the old French term, “chicanery,” casually defined as “legal quibbling, and sophistry.” Some also link “chic” to a German word, “shick,” meaning “skill or tact.”
What are the most beautiful words?
The Top 10 Most Beautiful English Words
- 3 Pluviophile (n.)
- 4 Clinomania (n.) …
- 5 Idyllic (adj.) …
- 6 Aurora (n.) …
- 7 Solitude (n.) …
- 8 Supine (adj.) …
- 9 Petrichor (n.) The pleasant, earthy smell after rain. …
- 10 Serendipity (n.) The chance occurrence of events in a beneficial way. …