AP French is a great course to take for you if you have an interest in French language, culture, or linguistics, but for some, its difficulty may make you reconsider putting it on their schedules.
Is AP French a thing?
Advanced Placement French Language and Culture (also known as AP French Language and Culture, AP French Lang, AP French Language or AP French) is a course offered by the College Board to high school students in the United States as an opportunity to earn placement credit for a college-level French course.
What is AP French equivalent to?
AP French Language and Culture is equivalent to an intermediate level college course in French.
Is AP French hard to self study?
Yes. But definitely not impossible! I took the AP French exam in May 2015 after 5 years of high school French classes and I found it was somewhat difficult (I scored a 3, decent but not acceptable for credit at most private colleges).
Is AP French 4 hard?
Students across the country tend to think of it as one of the hardest APs even for native speakers. … According to another more than 20,000 students take the AP® French Language exam and out of those about 75% get a score of 3 or higher.
What is the easiest AP class in high school?
Easiest AP Classes
- AP Psychology. The rate of students who got a 5 on this exam is 20.5%, which is in the higher end of the spectrum. …
- AP Environmental Science. Both the AP Psych and Environmental Science are rated as relatively easy and require the least time-commitment. …
- AP Computer Science Principles.
How long is the AP French essay?
Write an argumentative essay based on three given sources (a text, a graphic, and audio). You will have 55 minutes total for this section.
Is AP French easy?
Students across the country tend to think of it as one of the hardest APs even for native speakers. … According to another Albert.io article, more than 20,000 students take the AP® French Language exam and out of those about 75% get a score of 3 or higher.
Is AP French taught in French?
AP FRENCH LANGUAGE & CULTURE
The AP French Language and Culture course strives not to overemphasize grammatical accuracy at the expense of communication.To best facilitate the study of language and culture, the course is taught almost exclusively in French.
Is AP French B2 level?
AP score of 5 or DELF (B2):
The department grants 3 credits for a score of 5 on the AP French Language exam, or for the completion of DELF (Diplôme d’Etudes en Langue Française).
How do you study AP in French?
How to Study for AP® French Language Tips
- It’s simple – use French! Easier said than done. …
- Find the culture in your every day. …
- Find a language buddy. …
- Find a language exchange. …
- Get your vocabulary up to par! …
- A new word every day. …
- Bring out your vocabulary cards. …
- Keep track of unknown words.
How do you self study for AP French?
Best Ways to Study for the AP French Language and Culture Exam
- Step 1: Assess Your Skills. …
- Step 2: Study the Theory. …
- Step 3: Practice Multiple-Choice Questions. …
- Step 4: Practice Free Response Questions. …
- Step 5: Take Another Practice Test. …
- Step 6: Exam Day Specifics.
How many people pass the AP French exam?
Of these 18,312 students, 1 achieved a perfect score of all 130 of 130 points possible on this year’s exam.
How do you get a 5 on AP French exam?
How to Get a 5 in AP French
- Sets 1-4 test your comprehension of different print sources by asking about their central idea, point of view, word choice, and other features of the text
- Sets 5-6 have print and audio texts on the same topic and ask similar questions to that of the previous four sets
Is French IB hard?
French is a particularly difficult language to master at any level. Here are a few tips to help you master IB French at ab initio level. Studying IB French ab initio can be quite difficult, since you will be learning the language from scratch (or almost).