For a solid itinerary in Lyon, we recommend at least three days to explore the city’s hills, rivers, bridges, and parks. Alternatively, you could squeeze in the top draws in a day or two, or take your time and soak in the culture over a week or more. Let this local guide help decide which trip length is right for you.
What is there to do in Lyon in 2 days?
What to Do in Lyon for 2 Days – A Detailed Lyon Itinerary
- Learn about Lugdunumum. …
- Walk up to Basilique de Fourvière. …
- Visit Saint-Jean Cathedral. …
- Get Lost in Vieux Lyon. …
- Place Bellecour. …
- Place des Terreaux. …
- La Croix Rousse and its Colored Walls. …
- Afternoon at Parc de la Tête d’Or.
What is there to do in Lyon for 3 days?
17 of the Best Things to do in Lyon France in 3 Days
- Eat your way through Halles de Chef Paul Bocuse.
- Explore Presqu’île.
- Walk Place Bellecour.
- Hike to the Top of Roman Hill.
- Listen to the music of Fanfare Piston.
- Get lost in Vieux Lyon (Old Lyon)
- Eat dinner on Rue des Marronniers.
- Try praline brioche for breakfast.
Which is better Lyon or Bordeaux?
Re: between Bordeaux and Lyon…? Bordeaux is more open spaced than Lyon, with the river and the docks. Lyon feels more dense. However Lyon has better restaurants (or at least a greater number of good restaurants), and has kept more of its medieval stone buildings than Bordeaux (which has some, just less).
What should I not miss in Lyon?
15 Best Things to Do in Lyon (France)
- Vieux Lyon. Source: BalkansCat / Shutterstock. …
- Traboules. Source: Pierre Jean Durieu / Shutterstock. …
- Fourvière Basilica. …
- Parc de la Tête d’Or. …
- Presqu’île. …
- Musée des Beaux-Arts de Lyon. …
- Ancient Theatre of Fourvière. …
- Gallo-Roman Museum of Lyon-Fourvière.
How many days do you need in Nice?
You can see all you want to see in five days, however, with busy days. Worth having a day in Nice itself, too. St. Paul as mentioned above is very touristy, it is quite similar to Tourrettes, but much busier and tourist heavy.
How many days do you need in Annecy?
The city is small, and one day in Annecy is enough to explore the main things to do in Annecy. However, we recommend spending at least 2 days in Annecy to explore also the lake and the surroundings.
What is Lyon famous for?
The city is known for its historical and architectural landmarks and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Lyon was historically known as an important area for the production and weaving of silk and in modern times has developed a reputation as the capital of gastronomy in France.
How many days do you need in Paris?
First-time travelers should try and plan around 4-5 days—ample time to enjoy some classic Parisian highlights and visit a few of the 20 arrondissements (neighborhoods).
What food is Lyon famous for?
- Salade Lyonnaise. Let’s begin with something light: salade Lyonnaise is made with lettuce (usually dandelion greens), smoky bacon, croutons and a poached or soft-boiled egg. …
- Pâté en croûte. …
- Rosette de Lyon. …
- Saucisson brioché …
- Quenelle Lyonnaise.
- Tablier de sapeur. …
- Cervelle de canut. …
Is Lyon France worth visiting?
Lyon is worth visiting because it is the gastronomical capital of France and has many historic landmarks. Several districts of Lyon such as Vieux-Lyon, Fourvière, Croix-Rousse and the Presqu’ile are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Lyon is a pretty city which spans the River Rhône and the River Saône.
What is the Loire Valley best known for?
The Loire Valley wine region is one of the world’s most well-known areas of wine production and includes several French wine regions situated along the river, from the Muscadet region on the Atlantic coast to the regions of Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé just southeast of the city of Orléans in north-central France.
Which is better Toulouse or Bordeaux?
Both are lovely. Toulouse has more medieval architecture, but the old town in Bordeaux is more lively eapecially in the evening. Bordeaux it is then.
How do I spend a day in Lyon?
One day in Lyon travel itinerary
- La Croix Rousse Neighbourhood.
- Presqu’Ile de Lyon.
- Wander around Vieux Lyon.
- Fourvière Hill & Visit the Notre Dame Basilica.
- Watch the sun go down at Buvette Saint Antoine.
- Drink a cocktail at The Monkey Club.
- Dine at Brasserie Georges.
What is there to do in Lyon in winter?
10 Best Things to Do This Winter in Lyon
- Fête des Lumières.
- Marché de Noël Lyon (Christmas markets)
- Museum of Fine Arts of Lyon.
- Skiing at Les Sept Laux or St Francois Longchamp.
- La Basilique Notre Dame de Fourvière.
- Marché aux Bouquinistes.
- Beaujolais Nouveau Day.